Automatic Account Invites is a backend application that runs "behind the scenes" to help you turn shoppers into account holders on your store. Once the app is enabled, you can rest assured that your invites to eligible customers are being sent on the schedule you set within the app.
With our Advanced Plan, you get the app's full capabilities working for your store to help create more customer accounts, which can contribute to more customer loyalty and repeat purchases.
Here are the features of our Advanced Plan:
- Bulk Invite tool - If you have a new or existing store, you can use our bulk invite tool to deploy invites to all of your customers that are in a 'disabled' state. If you are migrating your store to Shopify, all of your customers are imported in a 'disabled' state, so you'll need to get your customers to activate their accounts, which is where our invites help.
- Site link tool - The site link tool allows you to copy some custom code and place it on your site (login page, account creation page, etc.), which then allows your customers to send themselves an account invitation by entering their email address. If that email address exists in your customer records and they don't already have an account with your store, they will receive an invite with a link that will allow them to complete their account setup on your site. Take a look at some examples uses here.
- Open Tracker - In order to optimize your invites and improve open rates of the invite emails, you need to have a sense of how many people are opening your emails. With our open tracker code, you can determine how many times your invites have been opened in the past 7 days. We provide you with a snippet of code to place in your invitation email. It's a simple process that adds a lot of visibility.
- Domain Blocks - Sometimes, you need to prevent emails from going to certain customers with certain email addresses. Our Domain Block tool is useful if your store integrates with a third-party marketplace like eBay or Amazon that have rules preventing any emails going to their customers. With this tool, you can specify the 'Amazon.com' email domain to NOT receive your invite emails.
- Tag Blocks - Similar to Domain blocks, Tag blocks work by allowing you to specify a group or groups of customers you have tagged to NOT receive email invites. Simply specify the customer tags you would like to block. Simple.
- Tag Targeting - The opposite of tag blocks. Specify by tag the customer group or groups you do want to receive invites. These will be the ONLY group of customers to receive invites from your store.
- GDPR support - With GDPR, users have more control over how their information is used, and we included support for GDPR to make sure you are sending emails only to customers who want to receive them. With this option enabled, our app will send to only customers who accept marketing through Shopify.
- Follow-up Invites - When our automatic invites deploy, there is a chance the customer doesn't respond right away or misses the email in their inbox. With follow-up invites enabled, we will deploy an additional invite email to that customer based on the timing you specify in the admin settings of the Automatic Account Invites app. Note: This does not apply to invites initially sent with our bulk invites tool.
- Granular Timing Controls - One of the biggest benefits of the Advanced Plan is the more granular control you have over when emails are deployed to your customers. You have the option to set the timing delay of invites to send immediately, within x hours, or within x days. Additionally, invites are deployed not only to new shoppers, but to any customers whose customer record gets updated with an email address at any point.
The Automatic Account Invites Advanced Plan is great for established stores, stores that are migrating to Shopify, stores that use Shopify POS, or stores that want more granular control over when and how invites are sent out to their customers.