Shopify allows store owners to filter their customer lists by a number of parameters, and then save that list of customers. Sometimes this saved list is referred to as a customer group or saved search. When you want to send a targeted bulk invite to a certain segment of the your customers, you can select from those same customer groups you create in the Shopify customer admin to target with bulk account invites. The instructions below will walk you through how to create a customer group (AKA saved search) in your Shopify admin for use in the Automatic Account Invites app.
1. Navigate to your Shopify customer admin.
2. Use the filter menu to select filtering options for your customers. For example, you can filter your customers that only have a certain tag, or who accept marketing, or don't have an account (or a combination of all of these). You can add as many filters as needed to narrow and refine your customer group.
Note: Targeted bulk invites through the AAI app rely upon your customer group to determine who to send an invite to, so make sure that if you don't want to send to people who don't accept email marketing, that your filters exclude those people. The GDPR settings in the AAI app will not be enforced for targeted bulk sends.
3. Once you have filtered your customers down to the group you want to save, click the 'Save Search' button.
4. Give your new customer group (saved search) a name, then click the 'Save' button.
5. Now you are ready to send a bulk invite to your new customer group with the AAI app. Navigate back to Apps > Automatic Account Invites, and select the 'Bulk Invites' tab.
6. Select your new customer group from the selection list, and click the 'Send Invites Now' button.
7. Confirm you want to deploy your invites by clicking the 'Yes, Send Invites' button.
That's it! Your invites will be queued to deploy to your new customer group!
For more information on managing customers, visit the official Shopify documentation.